The following tips may help you manage your stress level
before and on the day of the exam.
In The Days Before The Exam
Study in a group if possible. Tutoring others is a great way
to reinforce your own knowledge.
Use more than one study aid.
Work with your body's natural clock. If you are a morning
person schedule your exam early. If you are not a morning person schedule your
exam in the afternoon.
Make sure you know how to get to your testing location and
how long it will take you to get there.
Be sure you are properly prepared. If you feel you have not
studied enough it may be possible to postpone the exam. Be sure to check with
your testing center at least twenty-four hours in advance to see if this is an
On The Day Of The Exam
* Double-check the testing center rules and be sure to have
proper ID with you.
* Make sure you are well rested and have had something to
eat and drink before the test.
* If you are addicted to caffeine or nicotine be sure to get
your fix before the exam.
* Arrive at the testing center early. Take time to
decompress by walking the halls or visiting the water cooler. Take care of any
* Take time to adjust your chair and keyboard before
clicking the exam start button.
* Try to relax by taking several deep breaths in through
your nose and exhaling slowly and completely through your mouth.
* Visualize yourself passing the exam.
CA Rajiv Soni
G-14/3 DLF City 1
Gurgaon 122002, Haryana, India